Iron Heart's latest N1 comes in this new oiled version to add to the range of their current N1s, undoubtly giving improved water-resistance to the jacket. Due to the nature of whipcord and its reluctance to absorb, the heavy oiling of the fabric increases its weight from our standard 12oz to approximately 14oz.
Introduced for the US Navy in the early 1940s. The N1 Deck Jacket has become a true style icon in its own right. This Iron Heart version remains pretty true to the original jackets. The one major, but unseen, change made is to add an additional interlining to increase wind resistance. This piece is a truly warm winter jacket.
- Made in Japan
- Cotton whipcord shell
- Additional interlining for increased wind resistance
- Over-spec’d double action YKK zipper plus buttoned placket
- Two Permex snapped external pockets
- One Permex snapped internal pocket
- Quilted satin lined sleeves
- Knitted storm cuffs
- Throat latch