..”This year (2022) will be 20 years since the conception of Iron Heart as a brand, from humble beginnings to what is now an extensive archive of garments and goods, all of which are worthy of wielding the Iron Heart logo. To commemorate this milestone, we take things back to where it all began, referencing one of our most iconic items, the ultra heavy flannel (UHF) shirt and in particular, the first check and colourway to go into production, the IHSH-01.”..
Iron Hearts first UHFs were originally made from a lighter weight 10oz fabric, reason being at the time this was the heaviest fabric that their factories could sew, but for those in the know will be aware that now I.H use a 12oz Aspero cotton, but there’s more.., the first version of this shirt was also overdyed for added heft, furthermore this shirt has also been overdyed in a pale grey, bumping up the weight to an impressive 14oz, making this the heaviest UHF to date. Finished with all the usual accompanying features, synonymous with an Iron Heart UHF shirts.
- Made in Japan
- Western shirt
- 100% Aspero cotton
- UHF (ultra heavy flannel)
- Iron Heart original 12oz ultra heavyweight crazy check in yellow
- Black Iron Heart logo’d Permex snaps
- Two external snap fastened chest pockets
- Single brushed on face and double brushed on reverse
- Single, double and triple needle stitch construction
- Gold bobbin thread
- One-washed - potential to shrink half a size with continual or very hot washing/tumble drying.